Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tuna Casserole

This may not be the most helpful recipe in the world, because I've made it so many times, I don't measure anything anymore... But I'll try.

A couple of handfuls of bite-size pasta
3-4 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
2 cans of tuna
1 can of mushroom soup
cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350, put the pasta water on to boil and throw the celery in a bit of oil in your frying pan. Celery takes longer than it seems like it should. I usually salt & pepper this during cooking - it seems to help draw some of the water out.









Add the onion when the celery is bright green and mostly soft, cook both until they're soft.













The water will probably be boiling by now, throw in the pasta. Put the tuna and mushroom soup in a big bowl, add vegetables and salt & pepper. I use a lot of pepper, because I find it doesn't overwhelm the other ingredients and, well, I like pepper.









Add pasta.














Put in a casserole dish, cover with cheese and cook for 15-20 minutes.













Voila! Look at that cheesy, tuna-y goodness. Makes great leftovers too.

No comments: