Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Delightful White Raspberry Muffins

I know I should make healthier muffins, and I sometimes do, but sometimes a good sweet muffin is the best thing ever. As you might notice from the pictures, this is another different counter top, so yes, I've moved again. Also, my sister took me to Costco and I bought about 600,000 raspberries there.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract (I didn't have any of this, so I think I used 1/2 almond and 1/2 vanilla)
1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries (If you use frozen, don't thaw them first)


In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.














In another bowl, combine the eggs, cream, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.












Fill 12 greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full, or 16 regular muffin cups. 

Or if you're like me and don't know how much one cup is by sight and add at least double the allotted amount of raspberries, 20 or so large muffins should do it. Pop a raspberry on the top for that touch of love. Bake at 400 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.






I also brought these on my first day of work, and made a good impression with them :)

No comments: